Wednesday 9 May 2012

Fixed!

After last week, when I wrote about Poppy's MOT fail, it became pretty clear that she needed some work on her. Admittedly, this was mostly because the MOT tester told me so...but nonetheless it made me realise that I hadn't been giving her enough love of late. I said before that I have two loves in my life - Tom and Poppy. Of late, only one has had the attention they deserve! That won't change but we will both be spending some more time with my car, I think.

So, she got her coil springs, shock boot and track rod end boots done last week, plus MOT retest, for a total of £345. Not as cheap as I'd hoped but there we go. Needs must. Tom wasn't up for doing the coil springs and I have no idea where to start (we will learn for Bluey's sake but I needed my car back asap!) so bit the bullet and paid a very friendly mechanic in Newbury, Carl Day, to do it all for me. £345 all in could have been a hell of a lot worse. After all, he doesn't make enough to charge VAT, which brought the price down! It was all done at Dallas Autos in Newbury.

So, on Friday evening, I heard that she was all done and MOT'd, and we picked her up on Saturday morning. She's sitting a lot better now and is a much happier car. I was just happy to have her back after 5 days of not driving!




By the by, Tom brought me a "stress ball" style ninja back from InfoSec last week. Frickin' awesome! *sneaks in a ninja-y way*

(I suck at sneaking. Seriously)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Views