Friday 10 February 2012

Snow!

So, lets be honest here, I'm a wimp when it comes to driving. 

I categorically hated taking the Astra out in the snow (this may have been something to do with once skidding and driving straight into a bank...a bank of earth, that is, not a money lending facility) and that wasn't a rear wheel drive. The MX-5 grips much betters on the roads as a general rule, although that'd arguably not be all that difficult, but is apparently a right nightmare to drive in the ice and snow. Of course, me being me, I heard these rumours and, at the first sign of any snow, panicked. 

I'm glad I didn't go out last night, mind, as an almost 40 mile drive in the snow, down a few steep hills (and back up on the way home...) in a new, rear wheel drive car would have been...er...a laugh. Seriously though, I don't feel that my life is worth gambling with in that way - or my bank account contents, for that matter.

That said, we went out and got some pics of Poppy looking very chilly - I drew a heart on her boot, mostly for entertainment's sake, but it has come out very well!




Today has dawned a beautiful, crisp, sunny day with a couple of inches of snow here. So I hope everyone has fun driving today. But be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Views