Thursday 1 March 2012

Getting things straight...

Poppy's needed so many minor adjustments over the three weeks I've had her and she's come on a big adventure with me too. It's been great fun. More of that later...

When I got her, the boot was very wet - apparently, that's a common issue with MX-5s as drainage isn't fab but my god it needed some serious drying out. So everything got turfed out and dried; Tom is suggesting Hammerite to sort out the incipient rust in the boot soon, too, so that'll be a plan for the next few months. Everything was duly replaced and I headed off to RAF Cranwell for my Officer's Initial Course for a week (there was a Mk3 in the car park at Daedalus Mess too...never did find out whose it was) - epic adventure for my little car.

On my return, Tom gave me a present - well, two, actually. First was a metal 'Roadster' emblazoned tax disc holder. It looks much nicer than the plastic MX-5 OC one that the previous owner had left, and ripped, in the windscreen. Second? A geocaching Travel Bug which has been stuck on my fuel cap for geocachers to 'discover' when they see my car. Not sure what this geocaching thing is? Have a look here: www.geocaching.com

There are now only three pressing things to be done to my car over the next few days/week:


  • Wash her! She's currently filthy after the drive to/from Cranwell.
  • Adjust the headlights as they're lighting up most of West Berkshire on full beam but, well, not an awful lot of the road.
  • Put some more air in the tyres.
Got an MX-5 Nutz meeting next week, too, so she needs to be shiny for that so everyone can admire her to their heart's content :-) 

I definitely have two loves in my life: Tom and Poppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Views