Tuesday 20 March 2012

Some actual work...

Our new car, the racer (currently nicknamed Iris - she needs a punchy Japanese race name - see http://bluemx5.blogspot.co.uk/ ), had beautiful white powder-coated wheels when we got it.

So Tom and I decided it might be cool to swap the wheels out with mine so Poppy could have pretty wheels instead of the scratched up alloys she had beforehand. And that's precisely what we did on Sunday morning. Good thing too; the tyres on the blue one were much better than mine and it gave us a chance to look at the mechanics etc. on both of them...and they do need a little doing to 'em that we hadn't realised.

I'd only changed a tyre once before Sunday and that was a 'practice' so Tom had to remind me what I was doing. From there? Full steam ahead! I couldn't crack one of the wheel nuts as it was just too tight but, that aside, it was good fun :-) Poppy ended up with four very pretty white wheels and we did consider swapping the aerials as Poppy's is an original, somewhat akin to a coathanger, which is pretty awful and Iris's is a stubby one (useful considering she doesn't have a radio, huh?), but it was getting late and we had to head over to Tom's Mum's as it was, admittedly, Mother's day.

Anyway, getting stuck in and doing my own work was great fun and I'm definitely up for doing lots more. Good thing too, really, especially on Iris. It is *our* little racing car! Tom said he was proud of me for doing it, too, but I don't see the point of being one of those girls who sits back and lets their boyfriend do all the work before taking half the credit for it. Er, no, it's good fun and teaches you things. Of course, I fly planes so I suppose I'm hardly typical but nonetheless...

So what to take from this post? Get out and give your own maintenance a go :-)


Poppy with New Wheels

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your story of swapping cars wheels. HAHA! That was quite of a work for a girl. I mean not everyone can do it. It must have been nice that Tom was there to guide you in changing your wheels. Powder coated wheels are good because it last longer than ordinary coatings.

    ~Lonnie Summerall

    ReplyDelete

Page Views